Saturday, September 21, 2013

NOTD: Hits Speciallita Glitter World "Cairo"

Todays Nail of the Day is a nude glitter by Hits Speciallita called Cairo. Cairo is part of their Glitters World Collection, which came out some last year. I only have two, Cairo and Londres. Hits Specialliata are a Brazilian brand, but you can get them in the UK, I bought mine from Sally Magpies.

Swatches

Cairo is a nude base with lots of different sized glitters. I could see blue, pink, yellow, and holo large glitters and lots of tiny gold sparkles. The glitter was easy to get out, didn't curl and didn't "bleed" when I put a topcoat on. The next two pictures are taken indoors with a normal lightbulb.

As it is quite sheer I used a coat of Healthy Glow by Leighton Denny as a base (aka undie) and two coats of Cairo. To get a smooth finish I used one coat of Gelous (you can get this in Sally's Hair & Beauty on the high street) and one coat of Seche Vite to speed up drying time. Before I discovered Gelous I had given up on glitters, as I cannot stand the rough texture you get with most of them. Now with Gelous I can have lovely smooth nails!

These pictures are taken outside in natural light (it was raining!).

Bottom Line: 4/5

I loved this, it was subtle but interesting and the wear was good. I had it on for three days before I got a chip, and as the overall colour is nude I could have got away with wearing it a bit longer if I could have ignored the chip! It reminded me of Luch Lacquer's Color Me Gray, which is another favourite.

Removal was another matter, it was a nightmare even using the foil method for glitter removal. I could feel my nails complaining at me. So although I loved it, it has reminded me that I really don't like glitters all that much as I hate the removal. But don't let that put you off!

No comments:

Post a Comment